vercmp with "-" [SOLVED]

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 16 23:49:46 PST 2011

On Dec 17, 2011, at 00:08, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2011-12-17 09:46 , Rainer Müller wrote:
>> On 2011-12-15 13:26 , Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>> All the Percona-Server versions are on the same line of html and evidently livecheck picks the first match and stops for that line.
>>
>> Fixed in r88031 in trunk.
>>
>> The livecheck regex will now find multiple matches on the same line as
>> expected.
>
> Unfortunately this change seems to have broken a number of existing
> livechecks such as dnsupdate, py-distribute and sdlconsole.

I think it's a good change in principal and if there are any ports broken by it we should identify and update them.

It's similar to the change made years ago where livecheck would identify the newest version on the page, instead of just the first version listed as it used to. That broke some ports' livechecks too, but we fixed them and survived.

We could even script it: install MacPorts trunk r88031 in one prefix and MacPorts trunk r88030 in another, and run port livecheck on every port in each prefix, and print something when a port's output differs between the two. If nobody else wants to write such a script I could probably put something together.

I have not yet installed the new version, but just looking at the livecheck.regex dnsupdate uses, and looking at the contents of its livecheck.url,  I don't see why it should have any problem with the change as described. Guess I should install it and try it out for myself.