buildbot failure in MacPorts on buildports-snowleopard-x86_64

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 21 22:24:51 PST 2011

On Dec 21, 2011, at 22:44, Ryan Stonecipher wrote:

> Why does the buildbot fail when maintainers change, and should it really notify the blame-ee of such a fragile failure?

It does not fail when maintainers change; it fails when you change a port, and the buildbot then cannot build it. In this case the error existed even before your change. The error seems straightforward: polkit-qt uses qt4-mac, but does not declare a dependency on it, leading to:

CMake Error at /opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:91 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find Qt4 (missing: QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE
  QT_RCC_EXECUTABLE QT_UIC_EXECUTABLE QT_INCLUDE_DIR QT_LIBRARY_DIR
  QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY) (Required is at least version "4.4.0")

Fixed this in:

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/88218

The next failure we'll get is reported here:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/31109

I'll see what I can do about that next.