Maintainer info

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Dec 25 20:54:19 PST 2011

On Dec 25, 2011, at 16:18, Mark Brethen wrote:

> Season's greetings everyone.
>
> Having submitted my first Portfile, I was  wondering what it means to be a maintainer? What info I should be aware of? I've looked at the wiki for ticket submittals, but that's it. A good tcl primer would be good too!

Happy holidays to you. Being maintainer means we would like you to submit updates to your port when new versions are available (file a ticket, attach a patch, someone will review and commit it). And if users file tickets against your port, the tickets will be assigned to you; you should comment on these, attach patches if you can, someone will review and commit them.