[75495] trunk/dports/graphics/vigra

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 4 20:14:27 PST 2011

On Feb 4, 2011, at 22:06, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2011, at 16:41, Michael Dickens wrote:
>
>> I can always revert to +pythonXY variants, but then the user -must- make sure to use the same XY as that used by Boost.
>
> Yep.  Some won't.  You can put in a verification to check that, but it needs to be done during an appropriate build phase, not in the global context.
>
>> I still think I'd want to do the check to figure out which version of Python is used & warn the user or something.

Last I checked, all ports that required boost with python support were checking for the python26 variant, so that's what I used in my port as well (PlasmaClient). I suggest you copy that block from there so all ports doing this continue to handle it identically. Ideally we would update to using the python27 variant, but it should be done for all such ports at the same time.