port callback example

James Gregurich bayoubengal at mac.com
Tue Feb 8 15:45:23 PST 2011

I'm not opposed to donating some time to look at this issue down the road, but I need to get this task over with so I can get back to my other project for which I am under the gun to get finished in the near future.

BTW: Just so you know why I'm doing this work:

My company, Markzware, is a mac development shop. We sell a number of desktop products, and we use macports to manage our opensource library dependencies. We have some ideas for iphone/ipad apps but we need to extend our infrastructure to handle the additional requirements for the iOS platform. My options are

1) ditch macports for something else
2) donate the time to extend macports to handle iOS
3) keep macports and then manually manage iOS dependencies.

I've chosen 2) as this is the best option for the long-run. Given the popularity of iOS development these days...I figure we're not the only ones who would find this functionality useful.

-James