KDEGames and Compilers

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 11 10:21:52 PST 2011

On Feb 11, 2011, at 12:02, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> It looks like kdegames4 @4.6.0 needs gcc4.4 or newer [1], which isn't a big deal in it's own: dependencies atlas/numpy make use of it as well. Unfortunately the current build setup passes -arch to the macports-gcc-4.4.

What is this "current build setup"?

> Do we have a way of stopping that -arch flag from showing up? It might also be from PortGroup files.

MacPorts base should already know not to pass -arch flags to compilers that don't know how to handle them, as long as you're specifying the compiler by using configure.compiler. See proc portconfigure::arch_flag_supported in portconfigure.tcl:

http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl?rev=73708#L333

Using a MacPorts gcc compiler, and thus losing support for -arch flags, means lots of fun for supporting universal variants.