Google-Authenticator

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Feb 11 19:37:51 PST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:39, Jeremy Lavergne
<jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:

> Just an FYI, I attempted building google-authenticator on 10.6.

What does Google-Authenticator provide for a desktop OS? I thought it
was just Android, Blackberry, and PAM.
Would this be a way to compile those components? Or is there desktop
support as well?

As a side note, this inspired me to look into Google's 2-factor auth
support and I came across oath-toolkit [1]. It includes a command line
tool for generating time- and HMAC-based one-time passwords. I can't
test it, as the 2-factor rollout isn't complete, but I think this tool
should integrate with Google's authentication as well.

It compiled cleanly on my Mac and I've submitted a Portfile [2].

[1]: http://oath-toolkit.nongnu.org/
[2]: http://trac.macports.org/ticket/28370

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448