[75850] distfiles/android/android-appbundles-r.tar.gz

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Feb 13 20:52:09 PST 2011

On 2011-2-14 06:25 , Martin Krischik wrote:
> Hi Joshua,
>
> Am 11.02.11 01:34, schrieb Joshua Root:
>
>> Please don't put new distfiles in svn; it bloats the repository.
>
> I was told to do it that way. Note that the files are not in the main
> svn tree any more but in a seperate area which is not downloaded by default.

Well, now I'm asking you not to. :-)

People having to download them isn't the issue BTW.

> They had been in android/files before.

OK, so if you had used 'svn mv' or even 'svn cp' there wouldn't have
been an issue, but you added them like new files.

>> If you
>> don't have anywhere to host distfiles you make, any PortMgr member (and
>> jmpp, mww or rhwood) can put them on sourceforge for you, or Bill
>> Siegrist can put them directly onto the distfiles mirror.
>
> Having “a place” is only part of the problem - Googlecode can solve that
> quickly. The other part is discovery. If for whatever reason I can't /
> won't continue to maintain my ports then those who come after me must be
> able to find / access the files for maintenance.
>
> This is why I like keep them as close as possible to the project.

I don't think that's an issue at all, as any distfiles hosted elsewhere
will be copied onto our distfiles mirror.

Just to be completely clear, I'm talking about the distfiles, i.e. the
tarballs, only. The stuff in users/krischik/android is fine.

> BTW: I do have a sourceforge account (krischik) as well. I could place
> them there myself.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin

- Josh