Developer reporting for duty

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Feb 15 20:47:00 PST 2011

On 2011-2-16 09:19 , Erik Österlund wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I've been compiling an update for Qt4 all day, and this is not the first time and certainly won't be the last one.
> I'd like to see binary repositories. What's the status on this?

The official binary repo is waiting on deployment of autobuild on the
servers. Binary repositories in general can be set up and used by
whoever cares to, right now. (Using trunk is probably safer because 1.9
has no integrity checking for downloaded archives.)

> I'd gladly help developing this if you need more developers. Pointers in any directions are more than welcome.

Everything in base is done for this to work, but there are some things
that could be done to make it nicer. Unfortunately the main one is a big
hairy merge of a bitrotted branch, images-and-archives.

A more straightforward task (but perhaps just as big) is adding correct
license information to ports. Anything with an unknown license cannot be
distributed in binary form, nor can its dependents.

> (also this is my first post, greetings everyone)

Welcome. :-)

- Josh