MacPorts participation in GSoC 2011

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Feb 17 20:48:35 PST 2011

Thank you for all suggestions! I will incorporate these into the ideas
page in the next days.

On 2011-02-16 10:25 , Joshua Root wrote:
> * When an action will run targets on multiple ports, run them in
> parallel when possible and sensible (requires tracking dependencies
> between both targets and ports and figuring out the maximum reasonable
> parallelism, e.g. several ports can fetch at once on a fast connection
> but you only want one 'make -j8' at a time)

Parallel fetching in the background might be a start.

Another idea of mine:

* Add a command to check current setup for common pitfalls (e.g. stuff
in /usr/local), inspired by 'brew doctor' from Homebrew.

Rainer