[75992] trunk/dports/aqua

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Feb 17 20:55:01 PST 2011

On 2011-02-16 18:39 , Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2011, at 12:38 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> I would dislike removing vcs fetching because it is very convenient to use. It can be used correctly -- specifying a version to fetch -- maintainers just need to know that they need to do that. Yes, the downloads are not verified. I'm not terribly fussed about that. Maybe I should be. Maybe I just don't want the added inconvenience of having to create and upload tarballs every time I want to update a port that uses vcs fetching.
>
> sounds like something that could be automated so that it wouldn't be painful for the port maintainer, but still gives the benefit of pulling a verified tarball for end-users.

It would be possible to download and create a tarball automatically, but
the checksums also need to be stored somewhere. I would not trust an
automated script to add or replace checksums in a Portfile. So this task
still needs to be handled by the maintainer before committing or the
generated checksums need to be outside the Portfile.

Rainer