[76342] trunk/dports/science/smodels/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Feb 20 03:43:51 PST 2011

On Feb 20, 2011, at 05:36, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> This will fail on Tiger where this version is not available.
>>
>> Why set this at all -- is 4.0 unsuitable?
>
> From what I'm reading in the Guide, configure.compiler will not do what I'm after since I need g++ and not gcc. Similarly, configure.cxx has no default so something needs set.
>
> Is configure.cxx actually set? Will configure.compiler handle g++?

Of course configure.cxx has an appropriate default value. You don't need to set it unless you want to override that default.

Of course setting configure.compiler will set all the related variables to their correct values, including configure.cxx.

In this case I see no need for you to override the defaults of either of the above, unless you know for a fact that this software does not compile with Mac OS X's default compilers.