[76346] trunk/dports/science/smodels/Portfile

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sun Feb 20 10:33:38 PST 2011

> Yeah that's pretty much the way to go. You may also have to do similarly with ldflags.
>
> You'll also have to actually add a universal variant, but making it empty is enough.
>
> variant universal {}

Ryan, I've experienced a couple things that you may have already experienced.

When trying to use ${configure.universal_cxxflags} braces are output around it, yet using `notes` lacks these braces. I've tried doing a foreach loop (treating it as an array) and manually trimming it as if it were a string--nothing removes it. I'm presently resorting to a post-patch reinplace to remove the braces from the CXXFLAGS in the Makefile. Would pulling in muniversal help with this? What did I miss?

Also, the individual sources are indeed creating both architectures but the Make rule for putting all the object files together results in just the native architecture being produced. The relevant rule includes LFLAGS rather than CXXFLAGS. Should I bet setting the archs in LFLAGS as well, as you hinted with LDFLAGS?

Thanks