[76416] trunk/dports/lang

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 22 13:57:15 PST 2011

On Feb 22, 2011, at 15:46, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Because of "use_configure no", if this port installs architecture-specific files, it needs code to handle non-default-build_arch builds (and ideally also universal builds) correctly; if it doesn't, it needs "supported_archs noarch".

I have installed the port now, and verified that it installs no architecture-specific files, and so it needs "supported_archs noarch".

> Also, what is this ${prefix}/src? That is not a standard directory, and violates the mtree.

Sorry, I meant to edit that out; apparently it is a standard directory and does not violate the mtree. This came as a surprise to me though; the directory is empty on my system with over 1200 ports installed, so it is not a directory in common use by ports. Why was this directory chosen to install this port's files into? Architecture-independent files used at runtime are typically installed in ${prefix}/share/${name}.

I would also hesitate to copy the entire worksrcdir into it. For example the README.htm would be better placed in ${prefix}/share/doc/${name}, and the Thumbs.db is a Windows thumbnail cache and thus not relevant to MacPorts.