[76421] trunk/doc-new/guide/xml/installing.xml

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Feb 23 13:34:17 PST 2011

On 2011-02-23 22:05 , Andrea D'Amore wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> Of course, MP_EDITOR won't work for most users until we release a new version of MacPorts base including that change.
>
> Should documentation refer to a packaged release instead?

We did have the same situation in the past. If I recall correctly, we
agreed that instead of splitting the guide into a stable and a released
tree, we would add specific version information whenever needed. So in
this case, add some hint that MP_EDITOR is only available as of MacPorts
1.10.0.

Rainer