fwknop and perl5 upgrade

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sat Feb 26 17:44:32 PST 2011

This relates to the perl5 upgrade to the default 5.12 variant.

fwknop relies upon Digest::SHA1, which doesn't come with perl 5.8, but
does with 5.12.  So I can have fwknop depend upon perl5.12 instead of
perl5 so I can remove the p5-digest-sha1 dependency, but even if I
depend upon perl5.12, that doesn't mean that the other p5-* ports I
depend upon are compiled against 5.12 and not 5.8, which happened to
me and broke fwknop.  To I had to do the following

ports=`port installed p5-\* | grep p5- | awk '{print $1}' | xargs`
for p in $ports; do port -f uninstall $p; done
port -f uninstall subversion-perlbindings
for p in $ports; do port -f install $p; done

Suggestions welcome.

It does appear that we need p5* ports to be like the py25-*, py26-*,
etc, which would be a pain.

Blair