Option for a "local mirror"?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Jan 2 03:42:25 PST 2011

On 2011-01-02 02:11 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> This is the layout my existing local mirror already uses, and I don't
> really want to have all ports' distfiles in a single directory. Is
> there any way, using MASTER_SITE_LOCAL, that I can run a local mirror
> using the same directory layout as our public mirror servers?

This environment variable is old, much older than our own distfiles
mirror. It is meant to be appended to the URLs specified in master_sites
in the Portfile, so I think the current behavior is correct.

To accomplish what you want, we would need to support the :mirror tag
that is currently being used in _resources/port1.0/fetch. But if I am
not mistaken, it's currently not possible to use tags at all in
MASTER_SITE_LOCAL.

> Also, can we document this variable in the guide, and the others that
> seem to go along with it (ARCHIVE_SITE_LOCAL, PATCH_SITE_LOCAL)? As I
> said, I had never heard of it, despite having been involved with this
> project for over 4 years now.

Looking at the code it is also possible to set this in macports.conf as
master_site_local. But there is no archive_site_local or
patch_site_local option.

Rainer