Problem with distfile, how to proceed?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Jan 2 11:08:02 PST 2011

On 2011-1-3 05:16 , Marko Käning wrote:
> I have a problem with the dist file for makeicns. (See
> ticket https://trac.macports.org/ticket/27843 !)
>
> The file cached at a MacPorts mirror
> http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/makeicns/1.4.tar.bz2 differs from
> the original one hosted at BitBucket
> (https://bitbucket.org/mkae/makeicns/get/1.4.tar.bz2) is so far that the
> content of the included file
> .hg_archival.txt is slightly different, probably due to an updated
> mercurial version. The dist sources aren't changed at all.
>
> *I think - to get this back into sync - it is necessary to somehow clean
> the files in the makeicns folders of all mirrors and subsequently adapt
> the portfile to the new checksums.*
>
> How can I achieve this?

You don't want to do that. Change the dist_subdir to include the
revision number and update the checksums. Or, stop using bitbucket as a
download location for this version by changing master_sites to just
'macports'.

It's not a great idea to use non-static sources in general for reasons
such as this.

- Josh