[75134] trunk/dports/net/mtr/Portfile

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sun Jan 16 09:07:35 PST 2011

> That's a pretty weak argument. Whatever md5's weaknesses, having it is
> still better than not having it.
>
> That's tangential to my original question though. Applying your personal
> preference on this topic to ports maintained by others seems like
> uncalled-for meddling to me.

So is inserting a modeline un-called for as well?

I picked two checksums to use, and apparently didn't pick the default two which is what I was really after.

Chances are the maintainers didn't pick three checksums to begin with, they just went with whatever the default/popular choice was at the time.