[75134] trunk/dports/net/mtr/Portfile

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sun Jan 16 17:54:10 PST 2011

>> I picked two checksums to use, and apparently didn't pick the default two which is what I was really after.
>
> You didn't have to pick anything when there were patches ready to apply.

One could argue that no patches need checked then, but changes should still be examined.

Should I leave a maintainer's "revision 0" alone as well? Just like an extra checksum, 'revision 0' is optional and has no impact.

>> Chances are the maintainers didn't pick three checksums to begin with, they just went with whatever the default/popular choice was at the time.
>
> How about asking instead of just assuming they didn't know what they
> were doing?

It wasn't so much assuming they didn't know what they were doing as it was that they didn't care. This is echoed by none of the maintainers asking me to switch it back.

And for most of them, it's hard to ask maintainers that are in timeout.