Thanking the MacPorts team

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Sun Jan 16 21:38:23 PST 2011

I'd like to take a moment to reflect on the last year and thank the great team at MacPorts for all the work that's been done over the last year by port Committers and Maintainers, the PortMgr team, and by all the users who file bug reports.

MacPorts has 136 committers, something like 7671 ports, and countless users. Over the last 4 years there have been over 56000 commits to the MacPorts repository, if I am to believe the CIA committer tracker here: http://cia.vc/stats/project/MacPorts.

Thanks to the port managers, Josh, Rainer, Ryan, and Bryan (I could almost make that rhyme). Thanks to Josh and Rainer, among many, many others, for all the great updates to the MacPorts base code, to Ryan who amazingly has committed over 7751 times to the repository in the last 4 years, primarily in updating ports. Thanks to Bill and MacOSForge and Apple for hosting MacPorts. The list could go on and on, but it would start to sound like the Golden Globes :)

Thanks everybody. You know who you are.

James