libpng transition?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Jan 21 14:06:45 PST 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 4:09 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:

> What insures that libpng is built before packages which depends-lib
> on port:libpng if both are currently installed (at older versions
> or revisions) when 'port outdated' is executed.

you've been told several times.

I suggest you read the code since you don't believe it when people have told you.

'port' walks the dependency tree.

Either libA gets built first because it is first in the expansion of 'outdated' OR when port attempts to upgrade progB it first checks the dependency tree, notices that libA has a newer version available and upgrades libA before attempting to upgrade progB

--
Daniel J. Luke