libpng transition?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Jan 21 15:34:56 PST 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 6:21 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:

>>> Well if it does, the code must be buggy. When I did a 'sudo port
>>> selfupdate'
>>> and 'sudo port outdated', pymol ended up still linked against
>>> libpng12.dylib.
>>> I had to manually uninstall, clean, build and install pymol again
>>> against the
>>> new libpng.
>>>        Jack
>>
>> Jack, you mean "sudo port upgrade outdated", right?
>
> Yes. I normally just do 'sudo port selfupdate' and then copy the
> 'port upgrade outdated' that it prompts.

So then one of thee things happened:

- There is some bug in port where pymol was rebuilt before libpng
- pymol didn't have a dependency on libpng listed (which would be a bug in the pymol port)
- pymol wasn't rev-bumped (or was rev-bumped after your selfupdate happened, and you unfortunately got the libpng bump but not the pymol bump)

Since this is macports-dev, you can probably investigate further and determine what actually happened on your machine.

--
Daniel J. Luke