libpng transition?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Jan 21 16:30:33 PST 2011

On 2011-01-22 01:21 , Jack Howarth wrote:
>   Your argument doesn't make sense. According to...
>
> http://trac.macports.org/changeset/74954
>
> the revision 1 change was committed on Jan 9th, whereas according to...
>
> http://trac.macports.org/changeset/75159
>
> The bump to revision 2 was done automatically on Jan 16th. So my local
> revision 1 portfile should have no impact on this issue.

If you had a Portfile in a local source with revision 1 and this source
was listed first in $PREFIX/etc/macports/sources.conf and you had this
version installed, then the pymol port was not considered outdated.
Therefore it was not upgraded and you experienced this issue.

When the sources are searched in the order specified in sources.conf for
a port name, the first hit will be used regardless of
version/revision/epoch numbers.

Rainer