PortGroups Pre-Deactivate Phase

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 22 16:03:30 PST 2011

On Jan 22, 2011, at 12:18, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> With registry2, are we able to make use of pre-deactivate?
>
> Some PortGroups (I'm looking as Haskell right now) continue to have that phase commented out. If it can now be used, we should re-enable these phases.

Yes, I think we already have several ports using it.

Since MacPorts has no mechanism to alert users to switch to the sqlite registry, many are still using the flat registry, so it wouldn't work for them. I don't know if the use of the pre-deactivate phase needs to be bracketed with a check for the registry type, or whether MacPorts handles that properly internally.