how to extend 'clean' operation

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Jan 31 15:34:56 PST 2011

On 2011-02-01 00:19 , James Gregurich wrote:
> does  workdir == $workpath?

Uhm, yes, that is what I meant actually. Sorry for the confusion.

I should have known better as in MacPorts anything ending with *path is
an absolute path, while *dir means a relative directory name.

> If so, then that is good enough. ICU cross-compile requires a separate
> native build directory. That directory needs to be destroyed if a clean
> command is issued.  I'm creating that directory in $workpath.

That's okay, you are free to create new directories in ${workpath}.
For example it's common to use a "build" directory for out-of-place builds.

Only a few names are reserved as they are used for special purposes, for
example "destroot" or ".macports.${name}.state". Everything else would
be okay.

Rainer