what's the plan for mac os x lion

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Mon Jul 4 09:00:47 PDT 2011

On Jul 4, 2011, at 5:27 AM, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) wrote:

> mac os x lion is already in GM state. Are macports ready for it ? i installed macports from source (trunk) , but lot's of package failed to build. but not reporting it on trac as i saw one ticket was closed with "we are not giving support for lion" (something like this).
>

> now my question, is macports ready for LION ? or is any development going on for lion. i checked the macports 2 (beta) download list, but there is no version for lion yet.

A lot of us have been using MacPorts on Lion for awhile (developer previews, Apple engineers with direct access, etc) and I haven't personally had any "it's all broken!" experiences, so if there is a specific port that's broken, please file a trac ticket.   I don't know what trac ticket you're referring to, but it may have been simply closed because nobody wanted to violate an NDA by committing lion-specific fixes.  That will remain the case until Lion actually ships to customers, so just hang tight and file tickets would be my recommendation.  I doubt that any tickets will be closed as "too lion specific" at this point,

- Jordan