kile-devel to stable version

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Tue Jul 5 23:22:35 PDT 2011

On Jul 6, 2011, at 2:04 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Ah, ok. I don't use KDE and I was hoping that KDE3 was obsolete at this point, but I guess not.
Oh, no, I wouldn't call KDE3 obsolete at all. :-)

> So do we have any existing port naming conventions in MacPorts with regard to how a user will know if a particular port is for KDE3 or KDE4?

Well, I don't know any naming convention. I saw, as another poster pointed out, that you'd just append something like a version number to the KDE4 port.
That's what I also did with kmymoney4, which is the KDE4 version of kmymoney.
But then again it is really a pain, I admit, that all KDE4-related ports would have some number attached to their port name…
Somehow I believe a renaming of all KDE3 ports to something like "PORTNAME_kde3" could be a solution. This would make names of current versions more readable and intuitive.