Upcoming Subversion 1.7

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Sat Jul 16 16:53:36 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-16 15:03:05 -0700, Blair Zajac wrote:
> On Jul 16, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> >Users who want Subversion 1.6 can still do so by following the how-to:
> >
> >https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort
> >
> >Or they can use the svn client built into Snow Leopard (or, I expect,
> >Lion).
>
> Good point.  No need for us to provide 1.6 then.

I'm not really concerned, but
  * installing an older port is not a good idea, as the users won't
    get the bug fixes (the 1.6 branch is still supported upstream,
    and there will probably be new versions);
  * not all users are on Snow Leopard.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>