Upcoming Subversion 1.7

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Jul 18 12:33:34 PDT 2011

On 07/16/2011 04:53 PM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2011-07-16 15:03:05 -0700, Blair Zajac wrote:
>> On Jul 16, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> Users who want Subversion 1.6 can still do so by following the how-to:
>>>
>>> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort
>>>
>>> Or they can use the svn client built into Snow Leopard (or, I expect,
>>> Lion).
>>
>> Good point.  No need for us to provide 1.6 then.
>
> I'm not really concerned, but
>    * installing an older port is not a good idea, as the users won't
>      get the bug fixes (the 1.6 branch is still supported upstream,
>      and there will probably be new versions);

Good point on this.  The major reason for continue to provide upgrades
to svn 1.6 releases are the merge tracking bug fixes, which can continue
to come.  I always recommend to my clients that do significant amounts
of svn merging to use the latest release just to pick up all merge
tracking fixes.

Blair