MacPorts on Lion (common issues, fixes, and workarounds)

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Jul 20 13:34:16 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-20 18:26 , Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> 6) libnotify
>
> The libnotify port is disabled on Lion.  This blocks gnome,
> firefox-x11, and other ports.  There is a hacky workaround discussed
> in the Portfile, but it is recommended for *experts only* ... I
> really can't stress that enough.  You should be comfortable booting
> from a recovery disk, using target disk mode, or otherwise gaining
> access to your FS to fix your system should something go wrong after
> following (or not quite following) my advise.  If any part of the
> workaround confuses you, DON'T DO IT!

I guess this is because /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib links against several
libraries now. Do we really need to "blacklist" any of the names used in
/usr/lib/system/*.dylib?

On the other hand, the load commands always refer to the install name
with the full path, so I still don't get why it picks up the wrong
libnotify at all...

Rainer