kile-devel to stable version

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Jul 22 01:46:17 PDT 2011

On 07/21/2011 07:40 PM, Marko Käning wrote:
>>> I just re-read the first paragraph quoted above. I think previously I just read "There are still many people using KDE3 applications" and took this to mean that we should keep KDE3 in MacPorts. But now I read "Since KDE3 and KDE4 can't coexist, I wouldn't like to see a KDE3 port intentionally eradicated" implying we should not keep KDE3 in MacPorts. So which is it?
> Oh, no we DO NOT WANT TO ERADICATE KDE3, by no means!!!!
>
> KDE4 has still a lot of trouble and I'd not advise to get rid of KDE3 at all.

Many users seem to have the same concern which is why the Trinity
Desktop Environment (TDE) was started. It is a fork of KDE 3.5.10 and
tries to keep the style of KDE3 alive. As it is not officially supported
by the KDE project, they renamed to Trinity.

   http://trinitydesktop.org

Maybe it would be worth a try to port this instead of keeping KDE3?

Rainer