[81260] branches/gsoc11-rev-upgrade/base/src/macports1.0/macports.tcl

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Jul 29 03:14:01 PDT 2011

On 07/29/2011 03:02 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2011, at 17:41, Clemens Lang wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 05:34:26PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> Shouldn't you use $UI_PREFIX instead of hardcoding "--->" here?
>>
>> I wasn't aware there was a variable for this. It's not used
>> anywhere in macports1.0/macports.tcl. Do you want me to convert all
>> occurrences to $UI_PREFIX?
>

> I assumed there was a good reason why macports.tcl specifically was
> unable to use the variable. If using the variable works, by all means
> use it.

Unfortunately, the variable isn't available here, as it is only defined
in port1.0.

Unrelated to this GSoC project, I think it might be a good idea to
remove this from the internal libraries at all and give the control of
presentation to the UI. For the command line this is port/port.tcl.

A ui_phase could be used to output a message on a special level and the
UI client would add the representation.

Rainer