[79191] trunk/dports/devel/dbus

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Jun 5 09:05:57 PDT 2011

--On June 5, 2011 7:22:02 AM +1000 Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

>> +activate.asroot yes
>> +
>
> Why? Surely this breaks the no_root variant?

This is left over from work I did a long time ago and probably
shouldn't have been in the patch.  I don't think it breaks anything,
but it's probably not needed.

>> +    # Change the share directory so other ports can install to it
>> without running as root. +    if {[geteuid] == 0 && [getuid] != 0 &&
>> ${install.user} != 0} { +        file attributes
>> ${prefix}/share/dbus-1 -owner ${install.user} -group ${install.group}
>> +    }
>
> This makes no sense. The euid will never be 0 if the uid isn't, and
> install.user is a name, not an id.

The test may be wrong, but the effect is desirable.  The chown is
executed for me in my configuration and lets other ports install buses
without installing as root.

I should have left out both of these local patches.  They are left over
from a time when I was trying to get all my ports to install without
using sudo, an effort I gave up on as futile a long time ago.  You can
revert them if you want.

       Mike