[79737] trunk/dports/net/avahi/Portfile

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Jun 24 13:03:34 PDT 2011

On 2011-6-25 05:22 , Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> It looks like there is no difference:
>>
>> $ port deps avahi +python25 +no_gtk
>> Full Name: avahi @0.6.30_0+no_gtk+python25+universal
>> Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig
>> Library Dependencies: libdaemon, expat, gdbm, gettext, dbus-python25
>> Runtime Dependencies: intltool
>> $ port deps avahi +no_gtk +python25
>> Full Name: avahi @0.6.30_0+no_gtk+python25+universal
>> Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig
>> Library Dependencies: libdaemon, expat, gdbm, gettext, dbus-python25
>> Runtime Dependencies: intltool
>
> That's interesting: one variant removes dbus-python and the other puts it
> back. Since order in the command doesn't matter, is it that the variants
> are always placed in a specific order (e.g., alphabetical) or does removal
> always happen before appending?

Variants probably are always evaluated in the order they were declared.
This is an implementation detail however and shouldn't be relied upon.

In any case, avahi really needs to be doing some variant_isset-fu. Or
better, change to a default +gtk that is required by the python
variants. (If I'm reading how it's all meant to work correctly.)

- Josh