ll leakyroot

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sun Mar 6 11:10:16 PST 2011

    Have there been any reports for MacPorts of problems upgrading from one
llvm package to the next? My experience with a llvm-clang package on fink has
been that the buildroot in llvm/clang leaks like a sieve. If I have either
the 2.8 release packages installed and build the llvm/clang svn, or even
have somewhat older llvm/clang svn packages installed, I run into build failures
due to the build using either the wrong executables (like the installed tblgen)
or the wrong shared libraries (the older installed ones rather than the newly
build ones). I suspect we will run into this on MacPorts if you have the llvm 2.8
installed and attempt to build llvm packages from the current svn.
         Jack