How to remove a port from MacPorts?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 6 23:35:30 PST 2011

On Mar 7, 2011, at 01:18, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

>>> I guess it would be.
>> OK, when I successfully did my modifications to said port I'll write it up as a section in the guide.
>> I always wonder whether it's better to do it in the man pages, wiki howto, or guide…
>> (MP's documentation is pretty scattered, isn't it.)

Yes, it is. If you can document this, the guide is probably the right place.

> Yes, is there a man to wiki or guide script?

There were at least two efforts to consolidate all documentation, from which different formats (manpages, guide web page) could be generated; I don't think either effort was completed.

The wiki is a documentation playground; completed good documentation should be migrated from the wiki to a more permanent home in the guide.