portfile question concerning optional deps

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Mon Mar 7 14:28:57 PST 2011

On Mar 5, 2011, at 12:45 AM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2011-3-4 10:26 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> It is documented in the guide; the wording and arrangement could possible be improved:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/doc-new/guide/xml/portfile-dependencies.xml#L109
>>
>> Also, that section does not appear on the guide web site:
>>
>> http://guide.macports.org/
>>
>> In its place, there appears just "<xi:include></xi:include>" (scroll up just a little from http://guide.macports.org/#reference.variants to see that). I do not know why. It used to show up fine. Maybe there is a syntax error in the XML somewhere, or maybe the guide just needs to be regenerated.
>
> It's there in the chunked version of the guide, and it's there in the
> single page version when I build it locally, but it's still not there in
> the single page version on the web even after I committed a change.
>
> Bill, any idea what might be wrong?

I see a lot of errors when the server tries to generate the docs:

/bin/mkdir -p guide/html
/bin/cp guide/resources/docbook.css guide/html/docbook.css
/bin/cp guide/resources/images/* guide/html/
/bin/ln -sfh /opt/local/share/xsl/docbook-xsl guide/resources/xsl
/opt/local/bin/xsltproc --xinclude \
	    --output guide/html/index.html \
	    guide/resources/single-page.xsl guide/xml/guide.xml
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/dbcentx.mod:383: parser error : Comment must not contain '--' (double-hyphen)
<!-- End of DocBook character entity sets module V4.5 ..................... -->
    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:124: validity error : All markup of the conditional section is not in the same entity
]]>
^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:132: parser warning : PEReference: %dbpool.module; not found
<![ %dbpool.module; [
                   ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:132: parser error : conditional section INCLUDE or IGNORE keyword expected
<![ %dbpool.module; [
                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:132: parser error : Content error in the external subset
<!ENTITY % dbpool PUBLIC
 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:132: parser error : Content error in the external subset
<!ENTITY % dbpool PUBLIC
    ^
guide/xml/guide.xml:57: element include: XInclude error : could not load guide/xml/portfiledev.xml, and no fallback was found
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:139: parser error : Comment must not contain '--' (double-hyphen)
<!-- Redeclaration placeholder ..... -->
    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:142: parser warning : PEReference: %intermod.redecl.module; not found
<![%intermod.redecl.module;[
                           ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:142: parser error : conditional section INCLUDE or IGNORE keyword expected
<![%intermod.redecl.module;[
                           ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:142: parser error : Content error in the external subset
<!-- Defining rdbmods here makes some buggy XML parsers happy. -->
 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:142: parser error : Content error in the external subset
<!-- Defining rdbmods here makes some buggy XML parsers happy. -->
     ^
guide/xml/portfileref.xml:21: element include: XInclude error : could not load guide/xml/portfile-dependencies.xml, and no fallback was found
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/dbcentx.mod:377: parser error : Entity value required
]]>
^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/dbcentx.mod:377: parser error : Space required before 'NDATA'
]]>
^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/dbcentx.mod:377: parser error : xmlParseEntityDecl: entity hearts not terminated
]]>
^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:132: parser warning : PEReference: %dbpool.module; not found
<![ %dbpool.module; [
                   ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:132: parser error : conditional section INCLUDE or IGNORE keyword expected
<![ %dbpool.module; [
                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:132: parser error : Content error in the external subset
<!ENTITY % dbpool PUBLIC
 ^
guide/xml/portfileref.xml:54: element include: XInclude error : could not load guide/xml/portgroup-ruby.xml, and no fallback was found
guide/xml/project.xml:518: parser error : Entity 'ldquo' not defined
    “Request for commit rights” with the following contents:</para>
           ^
guide/xml/project.xml:518: parser error : Entity 'rdquo' not defined
    “Request for commit rights” with the following contents:</para>
                                           ^
guide/xml/project.xml:529: parser error : Entity 'ldquo' not defined
        “handle”, as part of your <literal><replaceable>handle</repl
               ^
guide/xml/project.xml:529: parser error : Entity 'rdquo' not defined
        “handle”, as part of your <literal><replaceable>handle</repl
                            ^
WARNING: cannot add @xml:base to node set root element.  Relative paths may not work.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.introduction.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: reference.dependencies.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.variants.
Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude' encountered in book, but no template matches.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.examples.augment.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.examples.override.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.
Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude' encountered in chapter, but no template matches.
Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude' encountered in section, but no template matches.
# Convert all sections (h1-h9) to a link so it's easy to link to them.
# If someone knows a better way to do this please change it.
/usr/bin/sed -i "" -E \
	    's|(<h[0-9] [^>]*><a id="([^"]*)"></a>)([^<]*)(</h[0-9]>)|\1<a href="#\2">\3</a>\4|g' \
	    guide/html/index.html
/bin/mkdir -p guide/html/chunked
/bin/cp guide/resources/docbook.css guide/html/chunked/docbook.css
/bin/cp guide/resources/images/* guide/html/chunked/
/bin/ln -sfh /opt/local/share/xsl/docbook-xsl guide/resources/xsl
/opt/local/bin/xsltproc --xinclude \
	    --output guide/html/chunked/index.html \
	    guide/resources/chunk.xsl guide/xml/guide.xml
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:171: parser error : XML conditional section not closed

^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd:171: parser error : XML conditional section not closed

^
guide/xml/guide.xml:57: element include: XInclude error : could not load guide/xml/portfiledev.xml, and no fallback was found
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.introduction.
Writing introduction.html for chapter(introduction)
Writing installing.xcode.html for section(installing.xcode)
Writing installing.macports.html for section(installing.macports)
Writing installing.macports.upgrade.html for section(installing.macports.upgrade)
Writing installing.macports.uninstalling.html for section(installing.macports.uninstalling)
Writing installing.shell.html for section(installing.shell)
Writing installing.html for chapter(installing)
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.variants.
Writing using.variants.html for section(using.variants)
Writing using.common-tasks.html for section(using.common-tasks)
Writing using.binaries.html for section(using.binaries)
Writing using.html for chapter(using)
Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude' encountered in book, but no template matches.
Writing reference.variables.html for section(reference.variables)
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.examples.augment.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.examples.override.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: development.
Writing reference.phases.html for section(reference.phases)
Writing reference.dependencies.html for section(reference.dependencies)
Writing reference.variants.html for section(reference.variants)
Writing reference.tcl-extensions.html for section(reference.tcl-extensions)
Writing reference.startupitems.html for section(reference.startupitems)
Writing reference.livecheck.html for section(reference.livecheck)
Writing reference.portgroup.html for section(reference.portgroup)
Writing reference.html for chapter(reference)
Writing porthier.html for refentry(porthier)
Writing internals.configuration-files.html for section(internals.configuration-files)
Writing internals.images.html for section(internals.images)
Writing internals.apis.html for section(internals.apis)
Writing internals.registry.html for section(internals.registry)
Writing internals.html for chapter(internals)
Writing project.contributing.html for section(project.contributing)
Writing project.update-policies.html for section(project.update-policies)
Writing project.membership.html for section(project.membership)
Writing project.portmgr.html for section(project.portmgr)
Writing project.html for chapter(project)
Writing guide-terms.html for chapter(guide-terms)
Writing index.html for book
# Convert all sections (h1-h9) to a link so it's easy to link to them.
# If someone knows a better way to do this please change it.
/usr/bin/sed -i "" -E \
	    guide/html/chunked/*.html
# Add the table of contents to every junked HTML file.
# If someone knows a better way to do this please change it.
/usr/bin/tclsh toc-for-chunked.tcl guide/html/chunked

-Bill