[MacPorts] eborisch modified

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 8 16:50:36 PST 2011

On Mar 8, 2011, at 16:24, Eric A. Borisch wrote:

> Hah! I knew someone must have already done it...
>
> Differences from a quick look:
> * This one is probably slower (keeps calling port to extract information)
> * This one will do multiple ports at once (so you can see mutual dependencies)

I had one before that did this too, definitely desired.

> * I think this will do variants, but it will have to be quoted to appear as one argument per port&variant on the command line

Yeah mine did variants, also important.

> * I don't currently parse for run-time dependency (only build and lib) ... I should add

There are also fetch and extract dependencies now.

> * This one has an adjustable depth limit

I saw that in the commit message later, should be very useful for some of the more unwieldy ones.

> * This one automatically saves and opens a png (calls dot for you)

Mmm, I have a shell alias that does this with port-depgraph; then again, you may want to open it in Graphviz.app for interactive viewing.