[76933] trunk/dports/multimedia/VLC

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 13 21:02:34 PDT 2011

On Mar 13, 2011, at 22:45, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2011, at 17:36, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> That's not how default_variants works. You don't use -append, and you do need to prefix each variant name with a "+".
>>
>> default_variants +qtcapture +auhal
>
> I understand I made a mistake without the +, but why not the -append?  The VLC port is already doing that elsewhere (in the x11 case) and it seems to be behaving correctly, so why is that wrong?

I'm not sure, but it seemed to me that default_variants was not a variable that gets appended to or deleted from, but is a command that, when executed, appends (or maybe prepends) the given variants to the selected variants. I don't know why it behaves that way, it's just what I observed.

If the port already has bits in it that append to default_variants, then I don't know why that works either.