Building the Guide produces an error

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Thu Mar 17 08:40:40 PDT 2011

On Mar 9, 2011, at 5:39 PM, William Siegrist wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2011, at 9:41 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>>>>

>>> The server is also getting errors when it regenerates the Guide. But I
>>> can't reproduce those or this one locally.
>>
>> I cannot reproduce that either. Maybe it has something to do with the
>> installed XSL stylesheets. Are there any files in the docbook-xsl
>> directory not provided by docbook-xsl?
>>
>> guide/resources/xsl should be a symlink to
>> ${prefix}/share/xsl/docbook-xsl
>>

> On the server, the symlink exists and all of the contents of the directory are provided by docbook-xsl. The server is using docbook-xsl 1.76.1_0.

The server did not have any of the docbook-xml ports installed, so it was trying to fetch DTDs over the network, and apparently was not getting valid content. After installing docbook-xml, the guide generation is working again.

Let me know if there are any more discrepancies with the content on guide.macports.org.

-Bill