[MacPorts] Migration modified

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Mar 17 23:23:02 PDT 2011

On 2011-3-18 16:42 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2011, at 23:11, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
>>> -port echo requested > myports.txt
>>> +port installed requested > myports.txt
>>
>> Ah, nice.
>
> I figured the script Joshua wrote, at the bottom of that page, was probably designed for the output of "port installed" not the output of "port echo".
>

>> How would you go about doing this: requested, active, and with what variants. I think whatever `this` is would be best to put on the Migration page.
>
> port installed requested and active

This is all no longer just migrating the user's ports, it's trimming
them down as well. What if they installed some ports before 1.9 so
they're not marked as requested? What if they have some ports installed
with multiple sets of variants that they swap between?

A separate page explaining how to make sure your requested ports are
marked as such and how to trim leaves would be useful, and we could link
to it from the Migration page. But the migration procedure itself
shouldn't be changing what's there more than it has to.

- Josh