darwin/10.7.1

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 19 01:39:17 PDT 2011

On Mar 18, 2011, at 21:31, Takeshi Enomoto wrote:

> A user reported a problem in building g95 but I could not reproduce the problem (#28782).
>
> His main.log indicates that he uses a new kernel probably shipped with new Mac Book Pro (Thunderbolt).
>
> :debug:main OS darwin/10.7.1 (Mac OS X 10.6) arch i386
>
> I could fix Portfile by detecting 10.7.x if there is ``$os.minor''.
> Should I use $os.version? What is the version number?
>
> Someone says the next update of Snow Leopard will also
> use 10.7.x kernel.
> <http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1107791>

That would only make sense. It follows the version numbering Apple has used since Mac OS X 10.1.1.

Mac OS X 10.2.# = Darwin 6.#
Mac OS X 10.3.# = Darwin 7.#
Mac OS X 10.4.# = Darwin 8.#
Mac OS X 10.5.# = Darwin 9.#
Mac OS X 10.6.# = Darwin 10.#
Mac OS X 10.7.# = Darwin 11.#

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_(operating_system)#Release_history

I would assume that the user's difficulty building the software has nothing to do with the kernel version, so I would not recommend attempting to detect and act upon the kernel version in the portfile. More likely causes would be the new CPU in their computer, or the version of Xcode (maybe they have Xcode 4? I've only tried Xcode 3.2.x), or something totally unrelated.