[GSoC][Binaries support] Architecture

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sat Mar 26 08:48:13 PDT 2011

On Mar 26, 2011, at 10:56 AM, Joshua Root wrote:

> We'd really prefer to keep base fully BSD licensed.
>
>> * Signed packages: I thought of it as signing at build time, with an
>> GPG key. Not sure if it's the best.
>
> Again, OS X doesn't ship with gpg, which is why the current archive
> signature verification is done with openssl.

Given these constraints, then you might want to focus on a prepoulated openssl pubkey
store framework with signing keys for binary packages.

Its the functional infrastructure already implemented that is useful for
binary packaging, not so much the licensing or the policy or the crypto
implementations, that makes "forward" progress.

73 de Jeff