Aging of ports "replaced_by" others

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 29 15:51:18 PDT 2011

On Mar 29, 2011, at 16:57, Larry Gilbert wrote:

> It's my understanding that a port that has been replaced_by for over a year may be deleted from the repository. But what happens if it is edited again, as in this case? Does that reset the clock, so to speak? Or is it still okay to delete?

The idea behind this guideline is to accommodate the following scenario: User selfupdates and upgrades outdated ports, then does not touch their MacPorts installation for up to a year, then selfupdates and upgrades outdated ports again. In light of this, I would say the deletion countdown does not reset if the replaced_by port is edited again.