[GSoC][rev-upgrade] proposal

Felipe Tanus fotanus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:15:23 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> What exactly do you want to check? Do you mean you want to do
> post-destroot dependency checking as well?
>
> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#depcheck

Yes, I'll include this extra phase on my proposal. After create the C
extension to check the binary runtime dependencies and with
rev-upgrade working, create this new phase should not be hard and has
a great tradeoff. What do you think?

Actually, I started to like this idea better than my previous one,
about MPAB and binary packages. What does macports needs more? I
really like to work with this two project ideas (check dependencies
after destroot and scan for broken dynamic libraries for rebuild).
Initially I found that the rev-upgrade idea was too short, and I would
like to do something bigger, but now that I see these two ideas
fitting, I'm really up to do it.

[]'s
--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus
E-mail: fotanus at gmail.com
Blog: http://www.itlife.com.br
Site: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~fotanus/
-----
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf