-no_X11 and dmg size for tuxmath

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 5 21:29:46 PDT 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 23:26, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On May 5, 2011, at 12:39, David Bruce wrote:
>> One of my objectives with macports was to hopefully come up with an
>> easy way to build a tuxmath dmg to distribute from our website.  I
>> have a macports installation under /opt/local/tux4kids for this
>> purpose.

Oh, and consider using /opt/tux4kids as your prefix instead of /opt/local/tux4kids. MacPorts assumes it is in control of everything under /opt/local. Our uninstallation instructions tell the user to remove /opt/local. Thus, users removing MacPorts would perhaps inadvertently remove your package as well.

The suggestion to use "/opt/<packagename>" comes from the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard:

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-3.12.html