[86173] trunk/dports/python/py-sip/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 1 08:15:27 PDT 2011

On Nov 1, 2011, at 09:50, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> As I had hoped to make clear in my previous paragraph, I don't think
>> that's a good idea, because the wiki page will get out of sync with the
>> source. When somebody commits an update to the manpage in the repository,
>> they're unlikely to know this wiki page exists and to update it in both
>> places. Or do you plan to monitor the repository for changes to the
>> manpage and update the wiki page then?
>>
>> Furthermore, you've only dealt with one of the manpages here; we have
>> several.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, it's simply outputting the man page as HTML. Could
> this be added as a post-commit hook?

We already have a post-commit hook that re-generates the guide HTML files published on the site if you modify any of the guide XML sources. Perhaps something similar could be done with the manpages. Perhaps it would be best to have a script somewhere in the repository that does the conversion. Then we could call that script from the post-commit hook. Then we'd need to decide where in the macports.org URL space the generated files would be made available. Then we'd have to decide from where to link to them.