[86173] trunk/dports/python/py-sip/Portfile

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Tue Nov 1 08:25:57 PDT 2011

> We already have a post-commit hook that re-generates the guide HTML files
> published on the site if you modify any of the guide XML sources. Perhaps
> something similar could be done with the manpages. Perhaps it would be
> best to have a script somewhere in the repository that does the
> conversion. Then we could call that script from the post-commit hook. Then
> we'd need to decide where in the macports.org URL space the generated
> files would be made available. Then we'd have to decide from where to link
> to them.

They can likely be exported to XML just as easily as HTML.

The guide has its own subdomain, but this is clearly not the guide.
Similarly we don't want official documentation buried in our wiki. It
needs a separate location: I'm thinking macports.org/docs. It can then be
a pass through for specific wiki pages or it can be 100% generated
separately, much like the guide.

We would obviously link to the guide from the documentation.