How to reduce load due to a port command?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Thu Nov 3 11:30:23 PDT 2011

Hi,

I was wondering how one could run a MacPorts port command with less priority…

I'd love stg like a "nice -n 20 sudo port install PORT" call which should change the nice value all the way through to gcc or whatever is being called by the port command. Would this nice command do the job?

My motivation is that I noticed that my TV recorder gets severely hindered when I run excessive MacPorts builds "in the background"...

Greets,
Marko